Saturday, January 9, 2010

Invitation Experiment

One of our goals by the end of January is to have the invitations finalized.  So to start the month off right I paid a visit to a favorite Toronto store, The Paper Place. I was hoping to get inspired by something there to come up with a creative invitation. Here are two samples of what I designed. I'm not totally impressed with either of them. So most likely they are not going to be the final product. I do like the green! Green is a must.


This is a long 'tea' length sample.

The top of the invite with some pretty ribbon.


A basic 5.5 x 7 sample.


Of course another touch of ribbon.


So there you have it. I think I want something with a little more umph! Or maybe a vintage type feel.

I found this sample online. I like the lace, but not sure if the BFF will approve. Might be to girly. *shrug* I don't know?



3 comments:

  1. ahha I agree! Shan I think you do need a little more umph. Maybe a glossy paper or something to jazz it up. Or maybe you should try the white ribbon on the "tea" length invite

    ReplyDelete