Monday, May 24, 2010

Thrifting Cake Plates

What can you buy for $10 dollars? How 'bout four beautiful cake displays? For the wedding I want to create a pretty dessert table that is reminiscent of a "Road to Avonlea garden bake off." I'll be asking (if any of you are reading) my aunts and cousins and friends to bake something delicious for the dessert table so there is an eclectic collection of goodies after dinner.

Here is what I found:

  1 covered glass pedestal cake display, 2 footed glass plates and 1 DIY cake stand.
(I used my mini loaf pan to make mini banana loafs!
Love it!)

Can you believe I paid $5.00 for this!? 
Like what? Garage Sale find!

Then I scored two of these plates, $2.00 each at separate garage sales too. 

And this weekend, on a quick thrift with my mom at the local Salvation Army in Huntsville, I picked up these two (2) separate pieces to make a taller display. 

See? The base is a glass candle holder that I will glue to the bottom of the glass plate. 
Each piece was... wait for it... 50 cents each! 

So I am quite thrilled with the latest finds all for $10 dollars! I know, I can barely believe it myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your ideas..very well thinking. Thank you again.

    Cake Display

    ReplyDelete