Friday, February 5, 2010

In the Family - Our Photographer

I believe part of the joy of weddings is sharing it with family and close friends. People who care about you, people who have known you your whole life, people who have helped raise you, seen you grow into the person you are today, people you have come to know in friendship, who hold a place in your heart. I believe that these people are the ones you want to share this amazing day with, and they want to be there too.

Part of that, for me, also transfers into the people who play a bigger role on the day of, and before the wedding. Involvement of those you love is also a big deal to me. I want people to know that they mean something to me; therefore, if they are willing, I want to involve them in some way. Big or small.

How, you might ask, is this leading to our wedding photography? Well, Derek is my brother in law and he is also a gifted photographer. He was also the first one to offer his skills for our wedding! (he also does a great job at graphic design). That is a lot of ‘also’s’, but what can I say, the guys got skills. And I was happy that he was so willing to share them with us for our wedding.

I’m into the artistic side the photographs as well as capturing our personalities. And I know he’ll be able to all that and more! I’d like to share some of his work!











Thanks Steph and Derek for these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment