Monday, October 19, 2009

Tent 'Rant'al

Have you ever bought a used car? What about a vacuum from a door sales man? Or those super sharp knives that cost your whole months pay? What, you might ask, does that have to do with our wedding? Well as you know, we need to rent a tent for our outdoor venue which means finding a company that can facilitate and provide what we want and need for the big day. This means having a sight inspection to measure the space and explain all the details of the layout.

On Saturday morning we met with one such site inspector who, more or less, acted like a babbling car salesman, an annoying door to door vacuum seller and a, “lets upgrade to the best” knife swindler, except this guy was trying to convince us that we needed a certain type of cutlery because these are the thing our guests will remember. Last time I checked, as long as you have a fork to eat with, whether or not it had a ‘nice weight’, was what mattered.

Honestly, I’m interested in the tent looking pretty and acting as a shelter, that there is decent lighting, a table and chairs to sit at and plates to eat from. I understand this guy does not know me, but I said a few times that I’m a simple person and do not want nor need something over the top. I do not have the patience for sales people who push their product because they think it’s what we need. Nor do I have patience for someone who does not answer a point blank question, and goes off on a tangent of a story to ‘answer’ it.

This really has been our first face to face experience with something “weddingy.” I did not enjoy it. It told BFF that if we go with this guy (with the package of our choice) that he would have to be the one to deal with him. This is my first wedding rant, and it felt good to get that out!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my Shannon, does that pic show exactly how you are feeling? That is so funny. I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete