Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Cake Debate

Cakes are pretty, they are tasty and delicious, but I've never been one for the big giant fancy wedding cake. Funny story, my co-worker told me when her sister got married in the early 90's, they rented a fake wedding cake, just for pictures! Too weird!

Seeing as BFF and I are opting for the simple yet fun approach for our wedding day, we are playing with a few different ideas for the dessert debate.

Idea #1
Cupcakes

Now this is not a totally unique alternative wedding cake idea, but I think it's darn cute and a perfect size for something sweet. Look at these absolutely stunning masterpieces at Cake Journal. How pretty would those be on a sweet table!?


Or check out these beauties from Cupcake Delight. They are like a work of art! These pictures were found through The Bride's Cafe.

 
  
Idea  #2 A Mixed Dessert Table
Why not offer guests a variety of different deserts? BFF loves Tiramisu, apple crisp and Key Lime pie. I enjoy truffle desserts, sponge cake with fruit and anything cheesecake. I like this idea because there is bound to be something that every guest enjoys. 

Idea #3 A Sweet Table
Have you heard of Amy Atlas? She is the New York Queen of amazingly sweet table designs! Her work is immaculate when it comes to matchy-poo goodness. She always works off of a festive theme that is incorporated into the food that sparks a delightful table of drool worthy, oogle worthy greatness. (Can you tell I like her stuff?) I believe that all her work is inspirational and can be mimicked to reproduce something for our wedding. I LOVE candy. So this is fitting. And it can also be used as a favor at the end of the night for guests to take home a little bit of sweet love. 
Her website does not allow copying of her photos....so PLEASE click here to view her amazing work.

 
This is an Amy Atlas Inspiration table done by My Life, My Love.
Click to see more pictures of her daughters birthday party. 

1 comment:

  1. http://smallstump.blogspot.com/2009/09/donna-and-robin.html

    ReplyDelete