Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Surprise Engagment Party

My BFF and I got engaged on an early Sunday morning. To be completely honest, it was not a huge shocker to me. But he did totally and completely get me later on that day. I was under the impression that we were simply paying a visit to my grandparents to tell them the good news. Little did I know that while I leisurely made my family play a game of "Apples to Apples" at my parents, a whole crew of people were gathering at my grandparents for a surprise dinner party. Needless to say, I was SHOCKED. I simply had no idea that anything else was happening that day. I mean, come on, the day was already fabulous enough with some new bling on my finger. But to top it off with a party where both our families and friends gathered to celebrate, made a perfect ending to a perfect day.

My mom and sisters did a lot of the decorating and made it delightfully pretty and marvelous.

A mason jar illuminated with a floating candle.

A vase of hydrangea's filled with lemon and cucumber slices.

Hand picked bouquet from the garden.

1 comment: