Friday, September 11, 2009

Ring Bling

There is a story behind everything right? And I love the story of my engagement ring. Here goes:

In the summer of 2008 BFF and I went to Stratford, Ontario to watch Romeo and Juliet at the Stratford Festival. On our way into town, I had spied a rather large warehouse with a giant "Antique" sign. I begged dear BFF to stop in on our way home, just for a quick peak. (A quick peak turned into two hours!) Little did I know that not even 5 minutes into the Antique Warehouse, I would set my sights on what is now my engagement ring! There were cases of glass with antique jewelry, and, like my grandmother who is always attracted to shiny, sparkly things, I just had to take one small look. I saw this ring immediately and LOVED it. I did not say anything to BFF for fear of being thought silly for looking at such things. But secretly my heart pumped, my mouth watered and my hands got clammy. Then came three very unexpected questions: He asked, 1) "See anything you like?" Now was my chance, I thought. I leisurely pointed it out, not wanting to seem too excited. 2) "Do you want to try it on?" Sorry, like what? Umm, ok! It was even more gorgeous on my finger. Love at first site. 3) "Should I buy it?" I remember my face feeling hot. Was I faint? What was BFF saying? We had only been dating a year! But he said if I loved it and it was what I imagined my engagement ring to be, then he would buy it, so long as I did not bother him with questions about the future. So, with his credit card in his shaky hand, he confidently bought me the ring, knowing deep in his heart that one day he would be able to put it on my finger.



Check out our other Antique Adventure

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know this story?!
    So special!
    [there I go again with that word...]

    ReplyDelete