Thursday, September 10, 2009

*Flower Love*

Dear BFF and I, along with his mom, my mom and dad all have a {love} for flowers. From as long as I remember, my mom has worked with flowers. From the local greenhouses, to various flower shops, to doing family wedding in our kitchen, my mom is a lovely and talented florist. Who could ask for anything better when it comes to your own wedding!?

My dad has his own greenhouse in which he 'putters' around, as my mom likes to say. Over the years he has grown various veggies, including a few giant pumpkins, as well as a variety of flowers. This past spring he even started some flowers from seed for BFF's mother's garden. Share the love! So I've asked my dad already if he wouldn't mind to grow all our flowers in his garden for the wedding. I just love the idea of keeping things local, very local indeed, and starting it all from seed. Of course we'll be putting in some hours of planting, transplanting and (oh dread!) weeding those nasty weeds out of our wedding flowers. I'm hoping it will save us a few bucks as I'm anticipatinge a bundle of beautiful blooms on the big day. Here are some ideas I'm loving:

The wild flower look
 
  
I {heart}antique glass jars
  
  
There is something about a simple hydrangea that I adore!

2 comments:

  1. Yehh.. too fun that you started this wedding blog! :) I Love the hydrangea picture.. really, really cute!
    chloe

    ReplyDelete